Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Veganism: Day Three

Vegans: you have it rough. I'm not even kidding. You can't eat ANYTHING! Oh. My. God. I'm really feeling for you here. All this time I just kept calling you a bunch of tree-hugging, liberal hippies who didn't know your ass from a piece of meat, but shit, I'm sorry! I don't know how I'm going to sustain myself on your diet for 60 days.

Let's see--for breakfast I had this fantastic gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free blueberry waffle. And by fantastic I actually mean fantastic, for once. It was quite tasty. With some vegan butter on top.

Because I'm a total moron, I forgot to pack a suitable lunch, so I had a bag of carrots, an orange and a soy yogurt. Needless to say by 6:00 p.m. after class, I was about ready to scrape off roadkill on the side of the road and eat it. Instead, decorum prevailed and I went home and made Tessa's famous bean soup. Quite possibly the simplest recipe ever and quite tasty:

1 can garbanzo beans;
1 can kidney beans;
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can tomato (I like mine with the jalapenos in it. Gives it a little kick)
1 package taco seasoning (make sure it is vegan)

Mix in large pot and heat. Mmm...mmm...

Normally I eat this covered in cheese and sour cream, but tonight I ate it...plain...

Today was supposed to be my BodyFlow night at Gold's, but my ankle is swollen to high hell, so I'm going to take some pain killers and go to bed. Maybe I'll do a sit-up or something before.

On a different note, I watched "The Virgin Suicides" tonight (thanks, Netflix, for recommending another real winner). Save your time. What a crap movie. Sophia Coppola, that's -2 for you (one for that crap movie and another for "Marie Antoinette." Seriously, Kirsten Dunst can't act unless she's playing a dumb, blond cheerleader).

No comments:

Post a Comment